Whole world is coming into a single unit after globalisation. Every companies wants to sell their product and services.Successful businesses have business models that allow them to fulfill client needs at a competitive price and a sustainable cost. Businesses without a set organizational structure have problems implementing company policies and operating at efficient production levels.
Whether a company is selling or manufacturing, certain departments are key to basic operations.
There are various departments in Manufacturing/Production companies:
1) Research and development :
R&D Dept. especially known for innovation and product development in a company. Innovation is one of the best ways to grow the business.
- They spend time meeting customers and listening to their problems.
- They welcome the involvement of marketing, manufacturing, and other departments to each new project.
- They benchmark competitors’ products and seek “best of class” solutions.
- They solicit customer reactions and suggestions as the project progresses.
- They continuously improve and refine the product on the basis of market feedback.
2) Purchasing :
- They proactively search for the best suppliers.
- They build long-term relationships with fewer but more reliable, high-quality suppliers.
- They don’t compromise quality for price savings
3) Manufacturing :
- They invite customers to visit and tour their plants.
- If required they visit customer plants
- They willingly work overtime to meet promised delivery schedules.
- They continuously search for ways to produce goods faster and/or at lower cost.
- They continuously improve product quality, aiming for zero defects.
- They meet customer requirements for “customization” where possible.
4) Marketing :
Marketing teams are central to business success. They serve as the face of the company, coordinating and producing all materials that represent the business. They reach out to prospects, customers, investors, and the community.
- Managing marketing campaigns
- Monitoring social media
- Keeping an eye on trends and monitoring competition
- They study customer needs and wants in well-defined market segments.
- They allocate marketing effort in relation to the long-run profit potential of the targeted segments.
- They measure company image and customer satisfaction on a continuous basis.
- They continuously gather and evaluate ideas for new products, product improvements, and services.
5) Sales :
This is the only department who bring businesses to the company.
- They have specialized knowledge of the customer’s industry.
- They dedicately give the customer “the best solution.”
- They make only promises that they can keep.
- They feedback customers’ needs and ideas to those in charge of product development.
- They serve the same customers for a longer period of time.
6) Logistics :
Basically logistics department consist of import,export and domestic operational work team. A logistic coordinator has to communicate with the entire department effectively.
- These people are known for standard service delivery time and meet this standard consistently.
- They operate a knowledgeable and friendly customer service department that can answer questions,handle complaints, and resolve problems in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- In domestic operations they effectively manage the fleet and implement the transparency in the entire supply chain operations
7) Accounting :
- Processing payments
- Preparing a budget
- Reporting financials
- They prepare invoices tailored to customer needs and answer customer queries courteously and quickly.
- Ensuring employees get paid on time
8) Finance :
-Managing tax-related responsibilities
- They understand and support marketing expenditures (e.g., image advertising) that produce long-term customer preference and loyalty.
- They tailor the financial package to the customer’s financial requirements.
- They make quick decisions on customer creditworthiness. Public Relations
- They send out favorable news about the company and “damage control” unfavorable news.
- They act as an internal customer and public advocate for better company policies and practices.